Default Need to ignore column in csv file. Not very intuitive on how to exclude say column A

The columns are identical between the two files I am comparing. I need to ignore say column A in both files.

Hello,

If comparing CSV files in our Text Compare session, we do not have a method to ignore a column unless you can define a grammar element for the text values of that column.

Our Table Compare is the default session type used for CSV files. If you open the files in this view, are they formatted and detected automatically? Do you have a Key column you can use? The Table Compare uses column 1 as the default key, but you can right click any column header and set it to Key, Important, or Unimportant.

Defining a key should be a unique identifier for rows, such as an EmployeeID column, or marking multiple like FirstName and LastName columns.

You can then mark Column A as Unimportant, and enable View menu -> Ignore Unimportant Differences (or in the toolbar).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Your response doesn't make sense here:

The Table Compare uses column 1 as the default key, but you can right click any column header and set it to Key, Important, or Unimportant.

My files have a header record. The first column is called prefix. In file 1, the prefix is 0317 and files 2 has 0318. I don't see when I right click a way of setting it to "Unimportant"

See attached image of what my two files look like in BC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Timmer; 06-Feb-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Hello,

That's a screenshot of the Text Compare, which is not the default view for CSV files, but is a view that can be used.

If your text is static, the Text Compare can mark this text as unimportant pretty easily. In the Session menu -> Session Settings, Importance tab, you can add ="0317" and ="0318" as Unimportant Text. If you have BC4 Pro, the Misc tab can define a Text Replacement for 0317=0318 specifically to make this aligned difference unimportant. Or define a Grammar in the File Format:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

The Table Compare can be launched from the home screen, which will have a columns and rows presentation.
    Aaron P Scooter Software