• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prasadjs86
    Visitor
    • Jan 2017

Getting Error as Unable to load base folder

Hi,

I am using below code for text compare (compare.txt)
    log verbose append:"logtest.txt"
    load "%1"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and trying to execute by below command :

"C:\Software\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" @C:\Test\Temp\Compare.txt C:\Test\Temp\File1.txt C:\Test\Temp\File2.txt

Getting Error stating "Unable to load base folder".
    Please help me to get it resolved.

Regards,
    Prasad
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Scripting's Load command only supports loading a Folder Compare session or a pair of folder paths. It does not support loading directly to a file.

Which script commands are you trying to execute in your complete script file? For example, the text-report command can directly accept file names as parameters, so bcscript.txt is:
    text-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\reports\bcreport.txt" "%1" "%2"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• prasadjs86
      Visitor
      • Jan 2017

I have used below commands in "compare.txt" file for file comparisons.

log verbose append:"logtest.txt"
      text-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"C:\Test\Temp\bcreport.txt" %1 %2

I am getting below error :
      1/23/2017 11:50:13 AM Fatal Scripting Error: Unknown command "text-report"

I am executing below command through command line :
      C:\Users\User_name>"C:\Software\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" @C:\Test\Temp\Compare.txt C:\Test\Temp\File1.txt C:\Test\Temp\File2.txt

Please help me to get this resolved.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which version of Beyond Compare are you running? You can verify in the Help menu -> About dialog.

All 3.x updates are free for 3.x users. You can download the latest 3.3.13 here, assuming you have an earlier BC3.
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl3_en
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• prasadjs86
          Visitor
          • Jan 2017

I am using below versions
          Beyond Compare 3.3.13 > Licensed version
          Beyond Compare Version 4.2.3 > Non Licensed version

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

The script looks solid and the text-report is a supported command in BC3 and BC4 (but not BC2).

Could you email us at [email protected] with the script as a text attachment? There may be a subtle syntax error that's throwing a more generic error message. Please include a link back to this forum thread for our reference in the email.

If you can, also include:
            script.txt
            file1.txt
            file2.txt
            BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export. To be sure you grab the right install, use the command line directly to launch BCompare.exe (just leave off the @script file1 file2 part), then use the Help menu -> Support dialog from here.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...