• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bregensb
    New User
    • Jan 2017

Unattended install

Unattended install

We would like to do an unattended install of Beyond Compare 3 but as a requirement we need to remove the default check box that will “not” include in Explorer Context menu. I’m looking for the set up command setup.exe /silent /????

Can anyone help Thank you
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can use the /saveinf and /loadinf to customize the settings of the installer.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...zz=kb_netsetup

Users would still be able to check the box after the program is installed. A Portable Install would disable the context menu, but also shares all settings with any user that runs that install and must be installed outside of Program Files\.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bregensb
      New User
      • Jan 2017

Thank you however that doesn't help unfortunately we are getting a lot of complaints about this and the its sad but in a large enterprise organization most people do not want to have to ;go in and modify settings quit frankly a lot of them shouldn't it creates unnecessary support tickets they tent to click on things and forget what they did. I'll have to find the registry key that I can modify during set up or I will have to use Admin studio to customize the application it's unfortunate that this is not an enterprise friendly application... Again thank you for your reponce

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Sorry, let me clarify:

Using bcompSetup.exe /saveinf="c:\temp\bcset.inf" once graphically, you can launch the installer and pick any combination of options you need, including disabling the context menu option by default. This creates the .inf.

Then during deployment, you can use bcompSetup.exe /silent /loadinf="c:\temp\bcset.inf" to perform the deployment with the option toggled off and in silent mode.

If a user launches Tools menu -> Options, Startup section, the option to enable and add to the Explorer Context menu is still present here, and the user could still enable it. I mention this and the Portable Install as options in case you need to permanently disable it. The Portable Install could also be copied/pasted deployed manually, since it is a single directory that exists and stores everything within it. From your follow up, it doesn't sound like you are concerned if a user enables it, but rather just want it to default to Off rather than On.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...