X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rprastein
    Enthusiast
    • Oct 2010

Troubleshooting external conversions

Is there any way to capture error output when using an external conversion? I've written a Windows batch file that I'm trying to use for a FileFormat conversion - the batch file works fine when I call it stand-alone, but fails when I call it from Beyond Compare 3. I don't know if its a path quotation issue (not enough quotes, too many quotes), a relative path issue, or something else, because I can't see what Beyond Compare is actually sending as a Windows command.

Thanks,

Rebeccah
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

I believe that You can add some lines at the beginning of the batch file, such as
    echo 0 = %0 >> logfile.txt
    echo 1 = %1 >> logfile.txt
    to record parameters that are passed.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

What is the command line you are currently using on the Windows Command Line, and how is it defined in BC4? By seeing both of these examples, we may be able to help.

BC4 also respects return codes for external conversions. Might it be passing back a value other than 0 (success)? Note, our conversion examples use %s and %t (source and target). The target is a provided temporary text file that we then display. The return value is used if an error occurs during the conversion.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...