X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dotJason
    New User
    • Oct 2016

Wow, am I missing something?

New to BC4 and I think I need to understand this better.

I have two folders, GoogleDrive and OneDrive on same PC. The final plan extends this to a NAS but for now testing locally.

I only want these to be two-way synchronized, not mirrored one-way. They must be in lock-step with each other.

I set up a session in the GUI to do this (Update: OneDrive <--> GoogleDrive). Great, I click, BC executes. It doesn't seem there is a real-time option, so now I need to automate this. I'm a little surprised I can't just enter a scheduler routine that will pipe the task to Windows Task Scheduler. Maybe I missed it.

So it looks like I need to write a script, but the only examples I've found (so far) show mirroring one way. Can I get some guidance?

Thanks, New Guy scratching head...
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Scripting can load a Folder Compare session or pair of folders, which can execute sync update:all
    Please note that script does not preview before committing the action, and the action cannot be undone, so please test with test folders first while learning script.

An example could be:
    log verbose "c:\logs\bclog.txt"
    load "c:\folder1" "c:\folder2"
    sync update:all

Once this is working as you expect and you've performed a couple test trials, you can use Windows Task Scheduler to automate the script call:
    bcompare.exe "@c:\scripting\bcscript.txt"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...