X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FootyDirector
    New User
    • Oct 2016

Convert line endings of files automatically etc

I would like to be able to either run a script to change file formatting of all files in a folder and/or on loading int BC.

1. Trim trailing whitespace
    2. Leading spaces to tabs
    3. Make line endings consistent.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Roger
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not expose these commands in scripting, but they are available in the graphical interface in the Text Compare's Edit menu -> Convert File submenu. Scripting can create a file report, but does not currently support editing the original files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• FootyDirector
      New User
      • Oct 2016

Yes, I use those all the time, and would like to be able to automate it as I have a lot of source files.

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

We do not expose these commands in scripting, but they are available in the graphical interface in the Text Compare's Edit menu -> Convert File submenu. Scripting can create a file report, but does not currently support editing the original files.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Our script engine does not support these commands, or editing the files themselves. It's something I can add to the Customer Wishlist. Our wishlist is not currently scheduled development, but a place our developers go to for ideas for future features and enhancements.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...