• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottcol
    Visitor
    • Oct 2016

Strange mouse scroll wheel issue

I just upgraded to latest version (to resolve the macOS Sierra issue) -

I'm finding that mouse scroll wheel behavior in three way merge view is quite strange. (Note: my scroll wheel works fine in all other applications...)

Scrolling steadily down with the wheel generates this weird up/down scroll behavior that is completely disorienting.

This movie gives some sense of what I'm talking about: http://screencast.com/t/GNsBpIOms

Notice the context square on bottom left is moving up/down at various times - but this is all while scrolling down.

Any thoughts?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. I'm having a little trouble loading that screencast, but understand the dilemma. What mouse are you using?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• scottcol
      Visitor
      • Oct 2016

A logitech M525

https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Wi...=logitech+m525

Originally posted by Aaron
      Thanks for the report. I'm having a little trouble loading that screencast, but understand the dilemma. What mouse are you using?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks. We've been a little hit and miss on reproducing this as reliably as users, but we'll get a developer to look into this. Thanks for the mouse brand info.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• scottcol
          Visitor
          • Oct 2016

One more piece of information: When it misbehaves, the scrolling behavior of the window literally starts to move in the opposite direction as the scroll wheel motion. If you do it slowly you can absolutely watch it happen. Grabbing the scroll bar on the side of the window works fine.

Originally posted by Aaron
          Thanks. We've been a little hit and miss on reproducing this as reliably as users, but we'll get a developer to look into this. Thanks for the mouse brand info.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks! We're narrowing it down to Sierra and external mice with the scroll wheel, and the velocity does have an impact. It seems to be semi-widespread, with other applications running into similar issues.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gdmitchell
              New User
              • Oct 2016

I have the same problem with my Logitech G900. I haven't noticed in in other apps, but I've only been using Sierra since the start of this week so it's possible I just haven't come across other apps with the issue yet.

Comment

• scottcol
                Visitor
                • Oct 2016

Any additional word on this?

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

We're working on a fix for an upcoming release that should workaround the new mouse behavior introduced with Sierra.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...