Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello,

Yup, in my initial post I did have it backwards, but I then re-read and updated. I was able to reproduce the issue you are seeing, although it appears to be specific to Cygwin; ssh -Y from Linux to Linux functions as expected. I've opened a tracker entry to investigate, although cygwin issues have proven to be more difficult to track down and can often change with minor Cygwin updates. If you are running on Windows over an SSH connection, it would be recommended to use the Windows client with Samba or SFTP (while not directly SSH, can usually be configured to connect with the same credentials). Could you go into more details on your preference? Is it the nature of the connection (full file system available/browse for the linux client over ssh -Y), or is their an aspect of the linux client itself that makes it more useful in this scenario for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I have the same problem running Ubuntu 16.04 and Beyond Compare 4, I am however using the Awesome windows manager.
    All the pop-ups are blank, until I move them.
    Beyond Compare 64 Bit, 4.1.9 Build 21719.

I am not sure if it is related, but it looked like the same problem and it might be easier to debug without Cygwin.

Also, for me the windows are still active, meaning I can hit ESP to cancel them or enter to accept, if it is the window to warn me about overwriting files. So it seems to be a drawing issue.

Thanks for that information. I'll add those notes to our entry to investigate, although this window manager is also outside of our supported scenarios:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=kb_linux
    Aaron P Scooter Software