In Folder Compare, autocomplete does not suggest archives?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

In Folder Compare, autocomplete does not suggest archives?

I do not remember if I already described this small issue, and what You replied.
    I open Folder Compare.
    I type "C:\abc" and I expect that B.C.4 completes it to "C:\abc.7z", instead archives are not in the list for folders, it lists only true folders.
    Please, if this feature is not already available, can You add it to my wish-list?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC4 does autocomplete .7z and .zip paths on local drives. Are you running the latest BC4.x release (4.1.7)?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
      Veteran
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

BC4 does autocomplete .7z and .zip paths on local drives. Are you running the latest BC4.x release (4.1.7)?
      Yes, I am using B.C.4.1.7.
      And in the session settings I tried all the three different options for archive handlings, but in Folder Compare it still autocompletes only for true folders.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which OS are you running, and would you be able to send in full screen screenshots and your BCSupport.zip to [email protected]? Please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
          Veteran
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

Which OS are you running, and would you be able to send in full screen screenshots and your BCSupport.zip to [email protected]? Please also include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
          I attach here two screen shots, in which You can see that I have two archives in the root of "C:\", that starts with "C:\o*", whereas in the auto-complete it suggests only a true folder.
          I will send You a mail with the zip file and the link to here.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
          Attached Files

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Oh, sorry, this is actually something we are 'pinging' Windows API for a listing. I must have some extra programs that are adding options to this list. Also, at the root C:\ I also am not seeing archives (but do see if a navigate to a different directory). This should mirror the list if you type to auto-complete in Windows Explorer.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...