X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DigitalMan
    Visitor
    • Aug 2016

Empty folders left on right side.

Am using scripting to synchronize folders to a backup drive with a scheduled task. I'm finding that empty folders are being left on the backup drive for some reason. Am using

option confirm:yes-to-all
    load "D:\Projects" "Z:\Projects"
    sync create-empty mirror:left->right

Should I be doing something different so that when I delete a folder on the left it will remove it on the right?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you load the folders in the graphical interface and enable View menu -> Suppress Filters, do the "empty" folders contain Protected operating system files?

If you want to delete these files, you'll want to update the "filter include-protected" before the load command to include them in the sync step. If excluded, then they aren't part of the sync so they aren't copied or deleted; folders that contain filtered items aren't truly empty so they are also not deleted.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• DigitalMan
      Visitor
      • Aug 2016

I believe they contain hidden desktop.ini. Can you give an example script of how to do this? Do I just add "filter include-protected" at the top of my script or before each load/sync operation?

Dan

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

If you load the folders in the graphical interface and enable View menu -> Suppress Filters, do the "empty" folders contain Protected operating system files?

If you want to delete these files, you'll want to update the "filter include-protected" before the load command to include them in the sync step. If excluded, then they aren't part of the sync so they aren't copied or deleted; folders that contain filtered items aren't truly empty so they are also not deleted.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Correct, a rough sample script can either
        log verbose c:\bclog.txt
        filter include-protected
        load "D:\Projects" "Z:\Projects"

Or you can use the interface to save a Folder Compare session with all options (folders, filters, etc) already set, then load that session name:

log verbose c:\bclog.txt
        load "Session name"
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...