• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom667
    New User
    • Jul 2016

Store manual results in workspace?

Hi,

I'm a new user of BC. I started with a compare of two PDFs. I marked some lines manually as "ignore" and safed my workspace. At the next start of BC all ignores were lost. Is there a way to save the lastest status, including these manual ignores? I don't want to spend much time in creating automatic filters, as long as I can manually check the differences faster.

Regards,
    Tom
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Ignore command is not saved as part of the session or workspace; it is lost after a refresh or reload. If you have specific differences you want to mark as Unimportant for PDF files, we have a KB article and video that will help explain the process of defining a Grammar, and then marking that grammar as Unimportant:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

Workspaces save the open windows and tab orientation, and reload the items within them. It's a quick way to restore your entire desktop configuration, but doesn't save the comparison "as is." It re-opens the tabs and refreshes the comparison/files within.
    Sessions are similar, but do not save the Window position or multiple tabs. They are a single tab for a single comparison, similar to a Bookmark. It stores the file/folder locations and any configuration changes in the Session Settings dialog, which controls how the comparison loads.
    Sessions are specific comparisons, while a Workspace is (usually) multiple sessions or favorite window/tab positions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...