• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puzzlout
    New User
    • Jul 2016

Unable to compare folder powershell and command line

Hello,

I am trying to compare two existing and valid folders in powershell script but I get :

Code:
    Unexpected token 'D:\Projects\TEC\Livraisons\vad.configs\VM\VAD.AD' in expression or statement.
    At D:\web\vad.update\merge-config.ps1:71 char:75
    + $BeyondCompareApp "D:\Projects\TEC\Livraisons\vad.configs\VM\VAD.AD" <<<<  "D:\web\vad.update\Backend\VAD.AD"
        + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (D:\Projec...nfigs\VM\VAD.AD:String) [], ParseException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken
    When I try to run the command in powershell directly, I get:
    Code:
    PS D:\web\vad.update> 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.comp' "D:\Projects\TEC\Livraisons\vad.configs
    \VM\VAD.AD" "D:\web\vad.update\Backend\VAD.AD"
    Unexpected token 'D:\Projects\TEC\Livraisons\vad.configs\VM\VAD.AD' in expression or statement.
    At line:1 char:110
    + 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BComp.comp' "D:\Projects\TEC\Livraisons\vad.configs\VM\VAD.AD" <<<<  "
    D:\web\vad.update\Backend\VAD.AD"
        + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (D:\Projec...nfigs\VM\VAD.AD:String) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordExc
       eption
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken
    Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.
    Jérémie L.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

You posted in the BC3 thread, but it looks like you are referencing a BC4 install. Which version of BC4 are you running? You can verify in the Help menu -> About dialog, and is it a 32bit or 64bit version noted in this dialog?

It also appears to be calling to BComp.comp? We have bcompare.exe, bcomp.exe, and bcomp.com. If you use one of these 3, does this help with your automated scenario?

And, if you were calling from the command line, would you be including "<<<<"? Beyond Compare's command line expects different inputs, documented in the Help file -> Command Line Reference. When you test from the Windows Command Line, what is the literal text you are attempting to create then execute in your script?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...