• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fetag
    New User
    • Jul 2016

Is this a bug?

Hi BC,

I use BeyondCompare to compare two folders on OSX. I expected to find out which files (the content) are different, and the folders are recursive. After opening two folders, BC showed that all files are red, which means there is some difference in the corresponding files. But when I double click these two files, the content are entirely the same, and BC also showed there is not difference, and the color of these two files will change to gray.

I don't know if this a bug? of I have to do some additional settings.

My PC is OSX: 10.11.6, BC is 4.1.6. And I choose "Folder Compare."

Thanks for you reading.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The default comparison scan of the folder compare is Timestamp and Size, so either timestamp or size is likely different as you compare your files.

Double clicking and viewing a file runs a rules-based scan, and compares the content of the files. This can then override the timestamp/size compare results. This is the default behavior.

This can be updated to run a Rules-based scan on all files from the Folder Compare. This is done in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab. Leave defaults checked, then also check "Content Compare: Rules-based"

http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ferentthensame
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...