X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

My wish-list: a mix of script and interactive

It is the second time that You help me with B.C.4 scripts, giving me a starting point.
    The issue is that I am learning the scripting language, and during the script writing/execution I change my mind, I experiment, I learn and so on.
    Now, I would like to be able to do this.
    Write a part of a script.
    For exampe:
    expand all;
    filter "-*.log";
    select right.orphan.files
    Then, start B.C.4 in interactive mode, and from there say "execute this script".
    Or, start the script, but at the end to go to interactive mode to see the result of the commands,
    In this case, for example, I would see the two folders opened, and all files, but *.log, selected.
    In this way I could see in a much better way the results of different commands, and learn and improve.

Thank You again very much and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. Enhancing script to allow for an interactive element is on our wishlist. In the meantime, script commands generally mirror actions and clicks in the interface; if you run through each step in the interface, you can then work to translate those steps to script one action at a time, in order.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RodolfoGiovanninetti
      Veteran
      • Oct 2007

Also, I would like to be able to do a sort of debugging, with a step-by-step execution of scripts, so that I can say execute the current command, see its results, proceed with the next command, and so on.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

Working...