Default SFTP-downloading Guardian ASCII text file truncation issue

When I used Beyond compare 3 to download a GUARDIAN ASCII file from a HP-nonstop via “sftp” in the OSS personality, it normally works fine, but it always truncates the file to the EOF size of the source file. Guardian-Ascii files (EDIT files) on the HP-nonstop are have an internal format, so when the file is download from the HP-nonstop it is converted to ascii by the SFTP server on the HP-nonstop and sends it in ascii format to my pc. Once the file has been transmitted to my PC, the File is closed. The EOF of the file is = to the number of characters in the file on my PC. I have noticed that when the EOF of the file on the HP-nonstop is less than the number of characters it takes to store the file on my PC, Beyond compare sets the EOF of the file on my PC to be equal to that on the HP-nonstop, thus truncating text files.

Is Beyond compare checking the EOF before it downloads a file and then only downloads for the EOF size or is Beyond Compare downloading the file and then setting the EOF to the EOF from the source file? Is there a configuration I am not setting correctly that could resolve this problem?

Hello,

Beyond Compare 3's FTP Profiles, by default, perform an ASCII transfer for any text information. Go to the Tools menu -> FTP Profile, and select the default profile. In the Transfer tab switch from Auto -> Binary, then restart BC3. Once relaunched, does this help with your current transfer?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Aaron,
    It did not resolve the issue.

We do not have official Non-Stop FTP support, but you could also try the trial of BC4. Some of the underlying libraries have been updated, and it would be a good test against the server (which we do not currently have a test environment for). You can install the BC4 trial alongside a registered install of BC3. They can both be on the same system at the same time; the only conflict is the right-click Shell extension in Explorer, which you'll need to use the Options dialog to disable one/enable the other to pick which version you want.
    Aaron P Scooter Software