• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Piddu
    Visitor
    • Jun 2016

Cannot configure automatic check out with Visual SourceSafe

Hi everyone.
    I'm trying to configure automatic check out with Visual SourceSafe 2005.
    I did it successfully with BC3, but I have installed version no. 4 a few days ago and haven't had any luck in doing it there.
    Following the instructions in http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_scc, I enter the local folder corresponding to the root of my SCC repository in the "path to the new association" , but I get the error "No providers detected".
    My OS is Windows 10 (installed today! ), and the SCC repository path is in a network drive. Checking out & in from the SCC GUI works as usual

Thank you
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The solution is to run our setup.exe with the /32 argument. This will force a 32bit install, which should match BC3 behavior. Visual Source Safe is a older 32bit application and does not support 64bit source control integration.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Piddu
      Visitor
      • Jun 2016

Hello Aaron,
      thank you.
      I'm using a portable install now. Do I have to run the setup?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Yes, although with a Portable Install, the installer wizard will prompt if you want 32bit or 64bit. You do not need the /32 flag; just run the setup.exe and select to create another Portable Install, then select 32bit and the install location to create a new 32bit Portable.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Piddu
          Visitor
          • Jun 2016

That was it! Thank you again Aaron

Comment

Working...