Default unable to load base folder -- which folder?

This is my first time scripting with BC -- here is my script. I'm getting the error "unable to load base folder", but I don't know what folder it means. I'm certain every folder in the script is valid.

load &
    "C:\Users\Adam\Dropbox\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\GensingRoot\GensingRoot\Controllers\ BranchController.cs" &
    "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\GensingWeb\dev\Contro llers\BranchController.cs"

text-report &
    # title: version 1 &
    output-to: "c:\users\adam\desktop\diff.txt" &
    # layout: interleaved &
    output-options: line-numbers,display-context,display-mismatches

note, I tried several different versions -- some with variables for the file names and some hard-coded as shown above. (There are some typo spaces for some reason in the forum version I pasted above.) The question remains what is this "base folder" it can't load?

Hello,

The load command only supports folders and simulates loading a Folder Compare session. To generate a file report with file paths, you would use the text-report directly with parameters:

text-report &
    layout:side-by-side &
    output-to: "c:\users\adam\desktop\diff.txt" &
    output-options: line-numbers,display-context,display-mismatches &
    "C:\Users\Adam\Dropbox\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\GensingRoot\GensingRoot\Controllers\ BranchController.cs" &
    "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\GensingWeb\dev\Contro llers\BranchController.cs"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I got my example to work using one of the sample scripts that turned out to be very close to what I wanted in the first place -- I just had to put quotes around file names:

text-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-context &
    output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"

However, another attempt I made failed with "unexpected argument output-to" -- I could not figure out what was wrong with my example -- does the order of arguments matter?

text-report &
    output-to: "%3" &
    layout: side-by-side &
    output-options: html,line-numbers,display-context,display-mismatches,ignore-unimportant,html-color &
    "%1" "%2"

Hello,

"options" and "output-options" are two different script parameters. several of the options in your output-options line should be on an earlier options line, and the order is important for the overall commands:
    text-report &
    layout:side-by-side &
    options:ignore-unimportant,display-context,line-numbers
    output-to:"%3" &
    output-options:html-color
    "%1" "%2"

The full list of parameters, the arguments each can use, and the order, is covered in the Help file -> Scripting Reference chapter. For example: display-mismatches or display-context are two different values for the display, you couldn't use both.
    Aaron P Scooter Software