How to start BC with empty Folder Compare entry fields (for directories at the top)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pxstein
    Fanatic
    • Mar 2009

How to start BC with empty Folder Compare entry fields (for directories at the top)?

I want to setup BC v4 for the following mode:

When I double click on the program then the "Folder Compare" panel should appear
    with EMPTY directory entry fields at the top (left and right).

Currently the last directories are automatically re-filled and folder comparison is automatically started.

Hwoever when I click on a profile on the "Home" tab then the folder comparison should start immediately.

So auto-start comparison should not be disabled completely - only at startup.

How can I achieve this?

Peter
    Last edited by pxstein; 21-May-2016, 07:08 AM.
  • Dave_L
    Veteran
    • Dec 2007

The command line switch /fileviewer="Folder Compare" appears to do what you want.
    Reference: http://www.scootersoftware.com/v4hel...reference.html

Comment

• pxstein
      Fanatic
      • Mar 2009

Ok, thank you. It looks better.

But the "filter" entry fields still contains some pattern stuff from previous comparisons/profiles.

How can I empty it as well?

Peter

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can reset your default Folder Compare Session Settings on the Home screen, Saved Sessions list, expand the New folder, select the Folder Compare and remove any filtering or configure as needed.

Or, you can start a new blank folder compare, configure it as needed, then use the Session menu -> Save Workspace. Then go to the Tools menu -> Options dialog, and Startup Section set to Load the saved workspace on startup.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
          Veteran
          • Dec 2007

I suppose an alternative to changing the defaults, would be to save a named session or workspace with the desired settings, and then specify that session or workspace as a command line parameter.

Comment

Working...