X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralvy
    Visitor
    • May 2016

Removing Merge pane when not needed

If I choose Session Merge, and later decide I don't want that, how do I reverse that?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I'm not certain which action you've taken that you need to reverse. The Merge Session overall or an action taken in the Merge? Full screen screenshots might help, which you can post here or email us at [email protected] (with a link back to this forum thread).

If you need to switch to another session type, you can use the Session menu to switch to other session types. Are you in a Folder Merge or Text Merge session? The Compare types only support 2 inputs, so you will need to pick which Folders/files to load (while a Merge potentially has 3 loaded files or folders).

If you are in a Text Merge, if you have performed a merge action and saved the output, you can Undo while still in the current view, then re-save to save the older version. If you close the tab, then you can no longer Undo. The Folder Merge does not support an Undo if you open the Merge tool and perform the Merge into an Output folder.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ralvy
      Visitor
      • May 2016

What I wanted to do was get rid the Merge pane at the bottom and go back to 2-file (text). I now see that a Mere Session is just a new tab in the tab bar and I can just close that tab and just the initial tab I had open, which was 2-file compare. I was trying to remove the bottom pane in the Merge Session, like exploring a Layout choice in a View drop down menu. Slowly getting used to this paradigm.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can detach the Output pane using the Detach button next to the Output Pane's save button to remove the pane for more vertical space. The Text Merge still only supports output to the Output (the two main pane's will not allow editing or copying side to side).

If you launch a New Tab, you can launch a new Text Compare and copy/paste file paths from the Merge tab into the Compare tab to load the files.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ralvy
          Visitor
          • May 2016

Fair enough. I see that now.

Comment

Working...