X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swathicl
    Visitor
    • Oct 2015

Text Compare output as two different files displaying only the mismatches

Hi, I am trying to compare two huge files that have a messages out of order. I am trying to use Beyondcompare to do an initial comparison and want to work with the resultant files that only have the lines that differ in each of the files. I am able to get a text report or an html file with the differences displayed in them, but I would like to have two output files corresponding to each input which would only have the lines that didn't match. Is there a way to do this in beyondcompare?

Once I have the two files with mismatches, I want to do a line by line comparison, i.e, compare one line in file1 with all the lines in file2 until I find a match and continue to do this until end of file.

I hope my question is clear. If not, please let me know.
  • swathicl
    Visitor
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by swathicl
    Hi, I am trying to compare two huge files that have a messages out of order. I am trying to use Beyondcompare to do an initial comparison and want to work with the resultant files that only have the lines that differ in each of the files. I am able to get a text report or an html file with the differences displayed in them, but I would like to have two output files corresponding to each input which would only have the lines that didn't match. Is there a way to do this in beyondcompare?

Once I have the two files with mismatches, I want to do a line by line comparison, i.e, compare one line in file1 with all the lines in file2 until I find a match and continue to do this until end of file.

I hope my question is clear. If not, please let me know.
    I have managed to parse the text report generated as xml in my program using RapidXML and segregated the leftorphan and rightorphan messages into two different files for further processing. However, if this can be done directly in BCompare, it would be very useful.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

The XML report parsing is probably the best method for the type of data you are looking for. The other report Layouts add additional (not originally in the file) information. Otherwise, you can use our Display Filters to limit the visible text of the main interface or Differences or Just Orphans, and then Copy/Paste or Save As a New file, to create a new file of just the specific text. If the preset Display Filters do not meet your needs, you can switch to the Toggles mode (right click the toolbar) to obtain a finer control over the display.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...