X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Kujawa
    Enthusiast
    • Oct 2007

Display Name

Perhaps this is a silly expectation, but I just spent some time trying to figure out how configure a "display name" that's different from my "user name". Eventually I realized that pretty, two-word names were people's user name, so I created another account. I know I've seen display names in other vBulletin-based forums.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Display vs Login

I've looked around a bit and haven't found any information on how to enable a Display name without hacking vBulletin. I found a few forums that had complaints about how when they would upgrade to vBulletin, they would lose their ability to have separate display names and login names.

I will look around a bit more for information. If there are any issues similar to this, feel free to open additional threads to discuss them.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Marjolein Katsma
      Expert
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by aaron
      I've looked around a bit and haven't found any information on how to enable a Display name without hacking vBulletin. I found a few forums that had complaints about how when they would upgrade to vBulletin, they would lose their ability to have separate display names and login names.

I will look around a bit more for information. If there are any issues similar to this, feel free to open additional threads to discuss them.
      As far as i know, that's not possible in vBulletin. What I usually do - when using a short nick - is just put my real name in my signature.

Comment

Working...