• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macandrice
    Journeyman
    • Mar 2016

Whither Replacements?

BC 4.1.5 (build 21031) on OSX 10.11.3.

I have a Pro license; the About box says "Pro Edition for Windows/Mac/Linux". I'm trying to find text replacements. According to the help, under Settings Reference, Text Compare, Replacements, it says they're in "Session > Session Settings > Replacements".

But, when I open the Session Settings dialog (it is not a menu) from the Sessions menu, the tabs on the dialog are:
    Specs
    Comparison
    Handling
    Name Filters
    Other Filters
    Misc

No Replacements to be found. I found another question here about replacements with a screen shot on it from late last year, and, although it was Windows, the tabs were a completely different set than above.

So, where are the replacements? Any why is help pointing to a place that doesn't exist?

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Session Settings dialog is context specific, and only shows the options for the specific view you are currently in. Text Replacements are in the Text Compare session type. To apply these to a parent Folder Compare session:

Load a folder comparison and Save it as a Session.
    Double click on a pair of text files to view a child compare.
    While viewing, go to the child's Session Settings and configure the Text Replacement. Then change the bottom dropdown from "Use only for this view" to "Use for all files in parent session"
    Close the child Text Compare, and re-save the parent Folder Compare. Then in the parent Folder Compare's Session Settings, set to use a Rules-based scan, while leaving the defaults (Timestamp, Size and Override) enabled. The Rules-based scan will use the saved child session settings.

You could also Also Update session defaults, to use a specific Text Replacement for all Text Compare sessions in any session.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...