How to generate a report of only right side differences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conner
    New User
    • Feb 2016

How to generate a report of only right side differences?

I am comparing 2 text files side by side in the Graphical User Interface of Beyond Compare. I want to be able to save the right side as a text file, with only the differences.

When I try Session > Table Compare Report > Interleaved report layout, the program generates an output file that is 763mb which is too large! My left and right files are around 50mb each. How can I get ONLY the rows that have differences, and ONLY from the right side table?

I also ideally want to be able to execute the same Session with new data each day. What should I do?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have a report style that is Only Right differences. We can set the Display Filters to show only Right Orphans (unaligned to a left line) and can generate a report that is only these differences, but if you need to generate a report that contains aligned and unaligned differences of the right file, the best method is to use the Display filters to limit to Differences: this shows only the content you want in a report in the right pane. Next: Select All, Copy, and Paste the right side into a new tab or Tools menu -> Text Edit. This would paste the plain text of only differences on the right side into a new file, which can then be saved.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...