X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Per_automatik
    Visitor
    • Feb 2016

Don't want 3way merge

when i run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe" "..." "..."
    bcompare opens a 3 way merge session with the central folder "error opening folder"
    is there some work around so i can get a simple - 2way - folder compare session to open instead?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you using the exact text "..." or a specific folder path?

The most likely scenario is you need to include "quotes" around each folder path. Any spaces in the folder path would be delimiters otherwise.
    If literally "...", this type of text is literally passed into the folder path and would be invalid.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Per_automatik
      Visitor
      • Feb 2016

Hello And thank you for your great software!
      no actually it's a regular path in between does quotation marks, which i circumvented thinking it would be irrelevant but i'll paste you the exact code snippet i'm calling with my bat script

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe" "C:\Music\dupes\C Users Christoffer Ddrive Music slsk c - 2003 - in stahlgewittern (5cd) (192) c - 2003 - in stahlgewittern (cd1) (192)" "C:\Music\dupes\C Users Christoffer Ddrive Music slsk Various Artists - in stahlgewittern #3 [2003] va.in stahlgewittern i+ii - 5cd"
      Last edited by Per_automatik; 04-Feb-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you also able to copy/paste that path into Windows Explorer? You should be able to use any path that loads fine in Explorer also in the graphical interface's base folder, and then also on the command line if you have "quotes" around each path.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Per_automatik
          Visitor
          • Feb 2016

ah now i see what was the original problem, i tried to call another command straight after and simply forgot to use &&

now i t just works as i expect it to,
          thank you for your valuable time and i'm sorry for wasting it

best regards // christoffer
          Last edited by Per_automatik; 05-Feb-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...