Question Don't want 3way merge

when i run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe" "..." "..."
    bcompare opens a 3 way merge session with the central folder "error opening folder"
    is there some work around so i can get a simple - 2way - folder compare session to open instead?

Hello,

Are you using the exact text "..." or a specific folder path?

The most likely scenario is you need to include "quotes" around each folder path. Any spaces in the folder path would be delimiters otherwise.
    If literally "...", this type of text is literally passed into the folder path and would be invalid.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hello And thank you for your great software!
    no actually it's a regular path in between does quotation marks, which i circumvented thinking it would be irrelevant but i'll paste you the exact code snippet i'm calling with my bat script

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 4\BCompare.exe" "C:\Music\dupes\C Users Christoffer Ddrive Music slsk c - 2003 - in stahlgewittern (5cd) (192) c - 2003 - in stahlgewittern (cd1) (192)" "C:\Music\dupes\C Users Christoffer Ddrive Music slsk Various Artists - in stahlgewittern #3 [2003] va.in stahlgewittern i+ii - 5cd"
    Last edited by Per_automatik; 04-Feb-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Hello,

Are you also able to copy/paste that path into Windows Explorer? You should be able to use any path that loads fine in Explorer also in the graphical interface's base folder, and then also on the command line if you have "quotes" around each path.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

ah now i see what was the original problem, i tried to call another command straight after and simply forgot to use &&

now i t just works as i expect it to,
    thank you for your valuable time and i'm sorry for wasting it

best regards // christoffer
    Last edited by Per_automatik; 05-Feb-2016 at 03:11 PM.