• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gadi
    New User
    • Feb 2016

compare 2 folders including subfolders

Hello,

I am using beyond compare version 2.5.3.

I am trying to compare 2 folders with subfolders:

1. Folder test1 has 2 files 1.txt and 2.txt and 1 Folder with 2 files 3.txt and 4.txt

2. Folder test2 has 2 files 1.txt and 2.txt and 1 Folder with 2 files 3.txt and 4.txt

All the files are the same in the exception of 3.txt.

I have tried to run the following script to compare all the files including sub folders:

load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:c:\temp\report.html output-options:html-color

Running the script:

.\BC2.exe "@c:\temp\script.txt" C:\Temp\test1 c:\temp\test2 /silent

The problem is that the report doesn't show that 4.txt is different in both folders. When using the GUI
    it does show this.

please see attachment of GUI and script
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Please remove the /silent tag when running into any trouble. It will suppress any error messages or logging, which we need to help figure out what is happening.

In the graphical interface, you file 3 is different due to the timestamp. In your scripted report, it looks like the script has run a rules-based scan and returned that the files are equal. But your included script text does not appear to be set to run a rules-based scan. Can you run the script and attach or copy/paste the Log that is generated in the Script dialog window?

If in the graphical interface, if you double click on File 3, does the file show as equal? Some differences, like whitespace, are ignored by default. This can be updated to be considered a difference, or we can alter your script to only scan timestamp/size differences, once we've seen the log.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...