X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Erik
    We can't do that - it breaks the rules of undoability. Also, we filter the input but not the output. In short, it would require a significantly different design to support this.
    As an application developer, I must say that the "We can't do that" argument doesn't go very far. I've been asked to do a lot of things that "couldn't be done" without significant effort. If you can consider adding word-wrap to a future version of BC (which will require additional logic to get the spacing right) then you can consider allowing the user to view the output pane in the center. I never suggested a 3.x implementation. I suggested that it would be a nice addition to a future version of BC (Think BC4).
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

When a 3-way text compare gets brought back into the roadmap, one possibility (special case use) would be to allow a user to launch a three way compare from within the 3-way merge with the left and right input panes read-only, and the output pane in the center of the 3-way compare. I understand that a user would not be able to make changes in the 3-way compare then return to the 3-way merge and undo changes. I think that anybody that wants the functionality bad enough could live with such a limitation.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• ron
        Fanatic
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Aaron

Could you go into more detail (step by step) of what you would like to do with Beyond Compare? Are you calling from Source Control Software?
        Well, I typed in a detailed reply but forgot to save it on the clipboard and when I clicked Preview Post, I was asked to log in again and the reply got lost. So I'll drop this topic.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

I've increased the server timeout from 15 minutes to a bit over half an hour. You can also email us any information at [email protected].
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
            Veteran
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tim
            The roadmap says 3-way folder merge is expected in 3.?, which means some version 3 release beyond 3.0. It's way too early to say what will be in 3.1. My current guess is that folder merge will make it into 3.1 but that's not solid enough for the roadmap.

Actually, I'll probably be dropping the features roadmap before the beta goes public. No matter how clear the disclaimer there will be people who consider these to be promises, and they are still quite tentative.
            I assume that, like the 3-way text merge, the 3-way folder merge will only be available in the Pro edition, for both the Windows and GNU/Linux versions?

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Yes, that's correct.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Working...