Diffing multiple files from P4V causes odd tab/window behavior in Beyond Compare 4.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrevHolland
    New User
    • Jan 2016

Diffing multiple files from P4V causes odd tab/window behavior in Beyond Compare 4.

This is the scenario:

I have multiple files I want to diff at the same time in P4V. For this example, we'll say I'm diffing 4 files in the same changelist.
    - I select all the files (multi-select, or just select the changelist).
    - I press CTRL+D (or use context menu to Diff).
    - Beyond Compare will sometimes open one window with 2 tabbed files, and then 2 windows with a single file.
    - Beyond Compare will sometimes open one window with 3 tabbed files, and then 1 window with a single file.

I have yet to get one Beyond Compare window with all 4 files in tabs.

Is there a setting or tweak I can make to Beyond Compare to ensure this doesn't happen?

Thanks!

EDIT: I believe this has to do with the speed at which the computer is running. I discovered that on a faster machine, it works fine. Or if I'm currently compiling my project (which causes my computer to slow down) the problem presents itself more often. It's still frustrating because I tend to do my diffing (reviewing code) while I'm compiling.
    Last edited by TrevHolland; 07-Jan-2016, 06:07 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

How have you currently configured P4V? You should be using BComp.exe and not BCompare.exe.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...b_vcs#perforce

Generally, each diff should show one file and wait until that window is closed, then launch the next diff. Which version of Perforce are you running on which OS?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• TrevHolland
      New User
      • Jan 2016

Ah, I was using BCompare.exe. Switching to BComp.exe seems to have worked fine.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...