Default Align multiple lines at once: in 3-way merge using multi-select and Align With

It is extremely tedious to compare lines of text. I've tried selecting all the lines on the right/left side, Select Align With from the context menu, then selecting the corresponding lines on the opposite side, but as far as I can see the functionality is just not there.

In many of the cases I encounter where this would be necessary, I end up having to manually align each individual line (it would be fine if just lining up the first line caused an updated comparison of the following lines, resulting in the same desired behavior). As you can see, the same text was added to both the left side and right side (unfortunately not always in our control).

Any solutions?

Example:
    (Left Side) (Middle) (Right Side)
    Line A
    Line B
    Line C
    100 more lines

Line A

Line B
    Line C
    100 more lines, possibly identical to the left side

The Text Compare supports selecting multiple lines, using Align With, and then selecting multiple lines for a target. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the Text Merge. Enhancing this is on our wishlist.

We also have options to alter the alignment using the Session Settings dialog, which might help depending on your files. And to confirm: your center pane is currently set to the Common Ancestor? Our alignment algorithms allow you to have the left and right panes be either Yours or Theirs, but the Center pane is expected to be the Ancestor and you'll see drastically improved alignment results if the center is the ancestor file.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the Text Merge. Enhancing this is on our wishlist.
    More than one year is gone. How about is this feature?

This problem cost so much time. It is very important to improve the manual alignment function in merge.

Hello,

This is still on our Customer Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

It's been another year - how's that wishlist?

I spend so much time doing this manually

Sorry, it's still on the list for a future version.
    Chris K Scooter Software