X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • openfunctioncomputers
    New User
    • Nov 2015

SFTP connection to certain host always rejected

Hello. I use beyond compare 4 to connect to many different servers and over the last 2 weeks or so all my profiles that try to connect to WP Engine stopped working. Same error code:

11/19/2015 03:11:21 PM Connecting to 45.33.124.61
    11/19/2015 03:11:21 PM Unsupported cipher
    11/19/2015 03:11:21 PM Connection closed.
    11/19/2015 03:11:21 PM Connection failed: Connection lost (error code is 104)
    11/19/2015 03:11:21 PM Unable to load sftp://[email protected]:2222/wp-content: Connection lost (error code is 104)

any ideas how to debug? I used the same settings in filezilla and it connected just fine, so I know that the authentication through beyond-compare is the problem.

thanks!
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4 has a compatibility issue with WP Engine's SFTP servers. This is on our bug list to be fixed.

As a workaround, Beyond Compare 3.3.13 should be able to connect to the WP Engine SFTP servers.

Download page for version 3:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl3_en

If you need a version 3 license key, email [email protected] with the 8 digit serial number of your version 4 license and we'll send you a free downgrade. To display your serial number, open "Help > About Beyond Compare".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

The wpengine.com SFTP bug is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.1.3.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• tsahil
        Visitor
        • Nov 2015

It doesn't work... again.

Can you please check and find a remedy to it? I am using FileZilla for now and it feels so 90's...

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you email us at [email protected] with a pair of SFTP connection logs (Filezilla vs. BC's log)? Please include a link back to this forum post for our reference in the email.

And please also include your current BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...