Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

I tried setting up a Fedora 23 64bit machine with updates applied, and glibc 2.22.5.fc23, but did not hit any slowdown or difference in startup between launching bcompare and launching bcompare a.txt b.txt

This may come down do how you've customized your OS. Is there any info you could give to help setup this type of environment? Or is it possible for you to test on a standard Fedora 23 setup?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikko
      Enthusiast
      • Nov 2015

Thanks for the verification. Besides giving you access to the actual machine it's not possible to provide a simple diff with official Fedora 23. I guess I'll have to examine such standard FC23 machine and see if I can spot the reasons... looks to be a Qt font loading/configuration issue...

I do use the xfce4 window manager and desktop, I have 1.17.4 server, the same 2.22.5 glibc but nearly all software is built for source locally to better integrate with everything.

/M

Comment

• mikko
        Enthusiast
        • Nov 2015

Found one clear reason for extra slowness when starting in the home view, the Web Resources Panel. I had it as default open, when I have it closed startup times improve from ~4sec to ~2sec. As this conversation has been going in the wrong thread for some time, I'll open a new thread in BC4 forum

/M

Comment

Working...