X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ormonreal
    New User
    • Oct 2015

File not found using Beyond Compare 4 in Jazz Source Control

I am trying to use Beyond Compare 4 as my external compare tool for RTC plugin in RSA. I assumed that i only had to change the installation folder from Beyond compare 3 to 4, but i am getting a file not found error when launching the External Compare, as if the BComp.exe starts after the temp files to compare are removed from Jazz.

for now I am using the BCompare.exe file as a workaround, but i would like to know if there is a known compatibility issue here between Beyond Compare 4.0.7 and RTC 5.0.2 plugin for RSA.

Can anyone help?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We aren't aware of a Jazz specific issue. As you've noted, we generally recommend using BComp.exe for calls from version control. How have you configured Jazz and what does their configuration wizard or config file look like? Are you following similar steps as we have documented for Clearcase?
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• tater
      New User
      • Apr 2018

I was having this same issue with RTC v6.0.2 and BC v4.2.4. For me, I found it was not enough to fill out the 2-Way Compare settings in RTC (->Window->Preferences->Team->Jazz Source Control->External Compare Tools). I also had to choose 'Beyond Compare' in the 'External Compare Tool to Use' dropdown list. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...