Feature Request: New Diff Mode "All Left" and "All Right" in addition to "All" Both

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xtraeme
    Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Feature Request: New Diff Mode "All Left" and "All Right" in addition to "All" Both

The idea is pretty simple, I have a folder with hundreds of thousands of files on the right and another folder with only 20 files on the left. The problem is I am not sure if all the files on the left are the "same," "different," or "orphaned." So, currently, I have to go through two steps to update the files on the right with the content from the left. First, I switch to "No Orphans" and bring up the context menu to do a "Compare Contents" to resolve any conflicts. Then I switch to "Show Left Orphans" to copy over whatever files need to be added to the larger repository on the right.

What I'd like is a single view where I can work on "No Orphans Right" or put another way "No Orphans" & "Left Orphans." I think the easiest way to convey this concept is to say "All Left" or "All Right," but whatever the semantics it would be a huge help to have some sort of way to hide all of the tens of thousands of files that have nothing to do with what I'm working on on the right. So I can see the files on the left in a single view.

Thanks for your time,
    -D
    Last edited by Xtraeme; 24-Sep-2015, 03:03 AM.
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

In the folder view options, You can start with show all, then switch to toggles, then You can disable same and right orphans.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comment

• Xtraeme
      Enthusiast
      • May 2008

Originally posted by RodolfoGiovanninetti
      In the folder view options, You can start with show all, then switch to toggles, then You can disable same and right orphans.
      Neat, even better! I didn't realize there was a toggle feature to combine all the various permutations.

Beyond Compare exceeds my expectations yet again.

Thanks Rodolfo.

Edit to add: Is there a way to save new combinations as a preset?
      Last edited by Xtraeme; 28-Sep-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...