Some issues on dark color schemes (KDE) with 4.1 (Build 20575)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armakuni
    Enthusiast
    • Aug 2014

Some issues on dark color schemes (KDE) with 4.1 (Build 20575)

Today I downloaded the new 4.1 (Build 20575) version of Beyond Compare and I'm impressed. The new Qt design integrates better than the old one.

Nevertheless, I have the "issue", that some parts of the UI are not using system colors. You can see this very clear when using dark color schemes. I included a screenshot. As you can see, most of the widgets use the system colors, but some don't. They keep staying light/gray and don't follow the configured system color scheme.

EDIT: I added a seconed screenshot about my used color configuration as it should look like...

By the way: I work almost every day with Beyond Compare and I wondered the last weeks about a new version, and voilá, yesterday this update came up! Great work! BC4 is still the most powerful tool for comparison works.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by armakuni; 23-Sep-2015, 02:15 AM. Reason: added additional screenshot
  • armakuni
    Enthusiast
    • Aug 2014

Meanwhile, I changed to a somewhat not so dark theme and can use BC4 with it.

But for other users it may be a real issue if there is no way to configure it right with a dark color scheme...

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have a download link for the theme you are currently using? Which OS are you currently using with KDE, and which version?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• armakuni
        Enthusiast
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
        Thanks for the feedback. Do you have a download link for the theme you are currently using? Which OS are you currently using with KDE, and which version?
        I am using Kubuntu 12.04.5 actually with KDE 4.14.2

You can use any dark color scheme from kde-look.org. Normally you can install these via system settings. As an example you maybe can use the "Wonton Soup" color scheme which should be pre-installed (as far as I know).

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks. I found that one in the Colors section (not Theme). I'll open a tracker to investigate.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• armakuni
            Enthusiast
            • Aug 2014

Is there anything new in BC with dark color schemes?

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello,

Not at this time. This is still an open tracker that we're investigating.

For other users seeing this thread, the issue is to follow system configurations for KDE color settings. We do have some Dark themes for download for other scenarios, here: http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...=kb_morecolors
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rexmtorres
                New User
                • Oct 2018

This happens to me too, basically with any dark-colored themes. I hope this gets fixed soon as the light-colored themes in KDE are too bright for my eyes.

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We have several other large projects already scheduled, so it is not likely we'll be able to tackle it soon, but this is an open issue and I'll add your notes to it.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...