• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrestomanci
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2008

Picture compare error with empty file

I think I have found a bug.

I have two zip files with similar folder structure inside, except that some files are only present in one of the two zip files.

I open the zip file in directory compare mode, and drill down until I find the orphaned file. I double click on it in order to view the file. It is a jpeg image. My computer goes to 100% CPU and nothing is shown.

I would expect the picture viewer to open immediately, and show me the file.

There is a similar, but less serous problem when viewing ordinary orphaned files. The compare viewer appears to take time calculating a diff, when that step can be omitted and the file shown immediately.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Troubleshooting

Is this a reproducible occurrence?

If you unzip the two zip files, and use Cirrus to compare the two directories, does the same behavior occur?

Would it be possible to send these zip files to [email protected] ? How large are they?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrestomanci
      Enthusiast
      • Jan 2008

Yes and Yes

On investigation it turns out that my image files are corrupt. Gimp and other image editors refuse to load them.

I get the same error when I unzip the directories and compare them as directories. I guess this is nothing to do with zip file support and you need to improve the error handling on the image compare tool.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

File Request

Would you be able to send us the example file to [email protected] ?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Fixed in 443

We were able to corrupt some of our own images here. This should be fixed in the upcoming release with improved Error Reporting. Let us know if you have any other questions.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrestomanci
            Enthusiast
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
            We were able to corrupt some of our own images here. This should be fixed in the upcoming release with improved Error Reporting. Let us know if you have any other questions.
            I have just had it crash on the latest build (443, downloaded this morning). The Automatic error reporting caught it this time, and has sent you stack dumps and the like. I have also attached the image that I was trying to view at the time.

The mail was sent at Mon 14/01/2008 11:27

Comment

Working...