X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bfrancis
    Journeyman
    • Nov 2013

Folder Compare Report BcFiles are being overwritten

When generating an HTML Folder Compare Report, the side-by-side differences are stored in a BcFiles subfolder in incrementally numbered HTML files (e.g., 1.html, 2.html...). Each unique folder compare report uses the same subfolder and restarts numbering of HTML files at "1", so the second report overwrites side-by-side differences of the first report, and so on.

Q: Is there a setting to permit continuous numbering or is there some better way to generate multiple reports?

Thanks,
    Brian.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The helper images folder contains common images that multiple reports would use. If you have multiple reports generated to that location, they should each be able to use the common images in BcImages. Is there an issue you are running into that prevents this?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately there isn't currently an easy way to combine them. Are you generating the reports across multiple runs of BC or as a single instance/script? Would using the folder compare report's filename as a prefix work?
      Last edited by Zoë; 21-Sep-2015, 05:32 PM.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• bfrancis
        Journeyman
        • Nov 2013

Hi Zoë,

Originally posted by Zoë
        Are you generating the reports across multiple runs of BC or as a single instance/script?
        I am using the interactive interface (i.e., Session»Folder Compare Report...) at various times, saving reports to My Documents. I've not tried scripts yet. Still getting my feet wet.

Would using the folder compare report's filename as a prefix work?
        Using the report's filename would be perfect. This would ensure that linked files for individual reports are kept separate, and I could more easily clean the BcFiles folder by knowing which files are linked to which report.

Thanks,
        Brian.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

This should be fixed in BC 4.1.4. You can update from our Downloads page or the Check for Updates dialog in application. Let us know if you have any trouble.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...