• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hs2
    Visitor
    • Aug 2015

Please add selection x86/x64 for standard installer

Hi Scooter Team,

although the BC4.1 installer is (still) really good and now also smart enough to install the 'right' binaries, it would be nice to have the choice to install the x86 or x64 version.
    It would be fine to have an installer command line option at least.
    I'm aware that for most users the automatic installation is great !

Reason: I'm using legacy 32 bit ClearCase. Hence the SCC DLL is only detected properly by BC4.x86 and can only be used with this version, of course.
    Platform: Win7.x64

I've temporarily installed the portable x86 version and just copied over 7z.dll and BCompare.exe of my standard installation as workaround.

Thanks, HS2
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We do not currently have a method of overriding the installer, but will look into a command line option. This would also need to account for Upgrading and Check for Updates down the road, so it is not a trivial implementation. You'll have to work around it manually for now, or create a specific Portable Install and use it for your Clearcase tasks.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

BC 4.1.4 has added the "/32" switch to the installer to force a 32bit install. Please get the newer version of the setup.exe from our Downloads page.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• hs2
        Visitor
        • Aug 2015

Sorry for the late reply ... Thanks a lot for /32 Team Scooter
        Keep up the good work !
        Regards, HS2

Comment

Working...