X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • remyroy
    New User
    • Aug 2015

Bug: Install Command Line Tools [4.1 beta (build 20431)]

When using version 4.1 beta (build 20431), going into the Beyond Compare menu and selecting the Install Command Line Tools... element automatically fails with the message Failed to install command line tools. without prompting the privilege elevation dialog.

As a workaround, install the stable version 4.0.7, perform the Install Command Line Tools... command from that version and replace the application with the beta version.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the bug report. We should be able to get this fixed in the next 4.1 release.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mbow
      New User
      • Aug 2016

Hi i just paid for bc4 key and added it to evaluation version today from
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/BComp....1.6.21095.zip

Im having the same Install Command Line Tools on OSX v 10.11.6 (15G31) anyway to manually fix this i cant find the old version in this post.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

What is the bug you are currently hitting? This issue was specific to the beta. If you are seeing the above message, are you running as a restricted user account?

The intended behavior is to see a "Beyond Compare wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." dialog to elevate privileges and copy the files.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mbow
          New User
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

What is the bug you are currently hitting? This issue was specific to the beta. If you are seeing the above message, are you running as a restricted user account?

The intended behavior is to see a "Beyond Compare wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." dialog to elevate privileges and copy the files.
          Hi no i did enter on privilege prompt, error message pop up was just " ".

To fix this i removed bc4, removed the files in /usr/local/bin bcomp that was zero size.... and tired again and it just worked.
          so cant repeat and command line tools work from git for me now so alls good

Thank for quick reply.
          Mike

Comment

Working...