Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

With the new year, I'd like to reiterate that as another long-time user of Beyond Compare, text wrapping (for display, to read long lines) is by far my #1 most wanted feature.

The software is overall very, very good, but the lack of word wrapping really sticks out as a bizarre omission, from the user's perspective.

I promise I'll tell all my friends about Beyond Compare when word wrapping becomes a reality. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thelo View Post
    With the new year, I'd like to reiterate that as another long-time user of Beyond Compare, text wrapping (for display, to read long lines) is by far my #1 most wanted feature.

The software is overall very, very good, but the lack of word wrapping really sticks out as a bizarre omission, from the user's perspective.

I promise I'll tell all my friends about Beyond Compare when word wrapping becomes a reality. ;-)
    I agree with that

Maybe having a standard filter to convert text to sentences would be more achievable. For example remove all single paragraph & line markers then add line breaks at each sentence end character followed by a space (ie ". ", "? ", "! ").

I can't believe that there's still no word wrapping capability in BeyondCompare after all these years. It's also the #1 feature request for me.

Since it's not in 4.2 beta, it's safe to assume it's not in development.

Come on, ScooterSoftware!

The lack of this feature makes beyond compare not usable for me. Is there any file compare program that does this

Hello,

Different tools are frequently changing or enhancing their feature sets, but there's a decent list of tools here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...mparison_tools
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Unhappy

I being using BeyondCompare for 10+ years and did a lot of marketing around me but recently I was forced to have to work with files that have very long form and I also have a 13" monitor on my MBP....

Shortly using BC become a big PITA and failure to implement a fix for this long standing critical issue makes me doubt my "brand-commitment".

The answer I was hopping for is that, even if this is a technical challenge, there is someone working on it and that there is a way to enable a preview mode for this option for those wanting to test unreliable code.

Wrapping the display is something we want to tackle, but is not a small issue to design or implement. We don't have any kind of preview mode or debug build that has this feature (partial or buggy).

One thing that helps is the Next Difference (Ctrl+Shift+N) command, which navigates horizontally within a line. The general strategy is to configure BC4's comparison criteria, and then use the filters and commands to navigate between sections of text or the text itself.
    Aaron P Scooter Software