X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAverin
    New User
    • Jul 2015

BeyondCompare merge doesn't remember the screen it was on

Basically every time I launch merge too it opens up on the 1st screen and I have to drag it to my 2nd larger screen every time.
    Is there any way to make it remember that merge should open on the last screen where the instance was closed, in my case - large 2nd screen?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Beyond Compare 4 should remember the last screen it was used on. As a quick test, could you launch outside of version control using the main taskbar shortcut, then move to the larger screen, right click and Quit the application, then relaunch it. Did this remember the position?

If so, does launching from version control then maintain this new position or the old one?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• AntiRes
      New User
      • Aug 2015

I'm experiencing the same issue, regardless of if I launch BC4 from the Launchpad or via git.

Launch BC4, move it to the second (larger) screen, maximize, right-click the icon and select Quit.

Launch again, back on the first screen.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks. The maximize step is the key to reproducing the issue. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate. As a workaround, if you drag the window larger instead of using Maximize, it should remember the size and position.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• KH219
          New User
          • Mar 2024

Thank you for the workaround. This workaround is still useful in 2024. I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 with BC5 and I was always maximizing the window and it would refuse to remember that and start maximized on the next run. The workaround of dragging the window to a position and size still works. It's a weird issue, but now that the thing remembers, I will no longer be bothered by the issue.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

This was a specific issue for MacOS, but we did have a recent report for Linux and BC5, and this is a useful clue for what might be happening there!
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...