X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeba
    New User
    • Jul 2015

Folder Compare Script- Zip file- Ignore Time stamp

Here is the script i have to compare two folders and ignore the time stamp which ignores the time stamp difference of the individual file but doesnt ignore the time stamp difference of the zip file and the time stamp differences of its content. I need to ignore the time stamp difference totally. Any help would be appreciated.

log normal "C:\comp\BC2-log.txt";
    criteria rules-based
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:%3 output-options:html-color
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The script above should find .zip files and the comparison would run on the zip itself, not the contents. Would this explain the behavior you are seeing? The zip may have subtle differences that are marking the zip as a rules-based difference.

We have an option in the graphical interface to always treat archives as folders, which would then run the rules-based scan on the files within. My suggestion would be to launch the GUI, use the Session Settings, Handling tab, and change to always treat Archives as Folders. Then save this Folder Compare without loaded folders, as a blank session with only this option set. In script, you can then use:
    log normal "C:\comp\BC2-log.txt";
    load "SessionNameArchivesAsFolders"
    criteria rules-based
    load "%1" "%2"
    expand all
    select all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side output-to:%3 output-options:html-color

Alternatively, you can configure the session with additional criteria or filters to load those settings instead of configuring them manually in script, then load folders into that session. You can also test the report generation in the GUI first to make sure it generates as expected before moving back to scripting. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...