inconsistency in line counts in Statistics report (Version 4.0.3 (build 19420))

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peakjason
    Visitor
    • Jul 2015

inconsistency in line counts in Statistics report (Version 4.0.3 (build 19420))

I'm using Version 4.0.3 (build 19420) and comparing two versions of a tcl file. The original file has 64 lines which BC displays, and the wc -l command confirms the file has 64 lines. When I run the Statistics report, BC says the IOriginal column for the file has 56 lines, not 64:

SourceFile,CompareFile,IOriginal,IAdded,IDeleted,I Changed,UOriginal,UAdded,UDeleted,UChanged
    "defaults.tcl","defaults.tcl",56,37,13,29,8,0, 8,0

The strange thing is, I have run the Statistics report on two dozen files. Most of them have the iOriginal count correct; only four of the files, including this one, are all undercounting the correct number of lines.

Is this related to important versus unimportant lines? Is there a setting or option where I can adjust how the program handles these cases? Or is it because of something else?

Thanks for any help or insights.
    -Jason
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Correct: IOriginal 56 plus UOriginal 8 = 64 total lines in your files. BC4 is currently configured to mark 8 of the lines as Unimportant. I would suggest loading the graphical interface, load the text compare, and then drag in your two files. This will show the default comparison. You can then use the Session menu -> Session Settings, Importance tab, to customize what is important. Checked items are important, unchecked are unimportant.

To alter the defaults and check all items (if needed), you can do so from the Home screen, in the New folder, select Text Compare, and check all necessary items in the Importance tab. Defaults are used for scripting.

Also, all 4.x updates are free for 4.x users, so you can update to the latest stable release (4.0.7) or the beta (4.1) for free.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...