Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

As a workaround, you can install the older 4.0.7 conversion into BC4. You can clone the BC3 format with a new name: "MS Excel BC3", then export the BC3 format using the Tools menu -> File Formats.
    I'm not sure how to do this...

No problem. In BC3, go to the Tools menu -> File Formats, select the MS Excel format, and use the Save As button to create a copy named "MS Excel BC3".

Then in BC3 go to the Tools menu -> Export, File Formats, and export your MS Excel BC3 format.

In BC4, now use the Tools menu -> Import, and import this format. Then, in the Tools menu -> File Formats, whichever format is higher in the list associated with *.xlsx is the format used automatically when you open that file type.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I will send files; if I encounter the error again. Right now am not getting the error. In my machine there were two "MS Excel WorkBooks" formats - One was having Purple Icon, another White icon. Bringing the Purple higher in list solved the problem of Text format being preferred over Table format.

With Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

No problem. In BC3, go to the Tools menu -> File Formats, select the MS Excel format, and use the Save As button to create a copy named "MS Excel BC3".

Then in BC3 go to the Tools menu -> Export, File Formats, and export your MS Excel BC3 format.

In BC4, now use the Tools menu -> Import, and import this format. Then, in the Tools menu -> File Formats, whichever format is higher in the list associated with *.xlsx is the format used automatically when you open that file type.
    I export from BC4.0.7 to file, and then when I try to Import into BC4.1, no MS Excel formats (existing or new) show up (i.e. so I can't checkmark them for importing)...

Hello,

Thanks; that does appear to happen if using 4.0.7. If you use an install of BC3 it should work. Also, I'll include a BC3.bcpkg file as an attachment that you can download.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hello,

Thanks; that does appear to happen if using 4.0.7. If you use an install of BC3 it should work. Also, I'll include a BC3.bcpkg file as an attachment that you can download.
    Ah, thanks.

BTW: running BC4.1 with the imported MS Excel Workbooks BC3 format (from post #15 above): my xls compare now works.

Thanks, I confirmed it works (I first removed the BC3Excel file format (which I was using as workaround)).