• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmendezortega
    Visitor
    • Jan 2015

Session Comparation Files with Command Line or Scripting

Hi,

I have automated test for applications and some of this test finish comparing 2 files. Between the original file and the new file generated in the execution of the test in some cases there is only 1 difference... the DATETIME inside the text of the file.

I created in the "Importance Tab" a regular expression in the section "Unimportant text". I saved this Session as "IgnoreUnimportantDate" and I need to use this in a file comparation using command line.

How can I do this? With command line or scripting... Both methods are Ok for me.

Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Instead of saving a specific session, you'll want to update the session defaults on the Home screen so all future Text Comparisons will ignore this type of difference. The defaults are then used for any scripting or command line comparisons of files.

For BC4, this can be the Importance tab's Unimportant Text section to apply for all files. Or you can create a new File Format, define the mask to match only the file or extension needed, and create a grammar element to match on the DATETIME, then uncheck this grammar name in the Grammar list in the Home screen's New folder, Text Compare, Importance tab.
    We have a KB article and video to help with the definition here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...