• Show
Clear All
  • Dave_L
    Veteran
    • Dec 2007

Actions >> Delete... - No files selected

BC 4.1.0.20251 64-bit (beta)
    Ubuntu 12.04.5

In a folder comparison session, if files on one or both sides are selected, and then Actions >> Delete... is selected, the pop-up dialog has no files selected. Right-click >> Delete... behaves the same. In previous versions of BC, the state of the check boxes would correspond to the file selections.
    Last edited by Dave_L; 07-Jun-2015, 03:48 PM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I'm not seeing the behavior you describe in my test VMs (12.04 or 14.10), but we do have an option that might cause this. It's in the Options dialog, File Operations section: "Confrim file delete": "Require explicit selection in Delete dialog". Do you have the explicit selection box enabled?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
      Veteran
      • Dec 2007

That box was checked. Unchecking it resolved the problem. Thanks.

Comment

• Dave_L
        Veteran
        • Dec 2007

Just curious: What's the rationale for having the "Require explicit selection" option? In what scenario would it be useful to have that enabled?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

It's for users that requested an extra level of protection, requiring a user to explicitly pick a side before Deleting. Since we don't support an Undo command, and wouldn't want users to accidentally delete items, we added this tweak to help prevent the "Auto-pilot" delete.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
            Veteran
            • Dec 2007

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

No problem. The option is normally disabled by default. But if a user is worried about accidentally deleting files, they can enable it to provide that extra layer of confirmation.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
                Veteran
                • Dec 2007

To delete a file, I have to:

1. Select the file.
                2. Right-click and position the mouse over Delete... (or press the Delete key, or use the menu Actions >> Delete).
                3. Click the Delete button in the popup dialog.

I would have thought that those three actions provided enough of a safeguard, even without the additional step of selecting a checkbox in the dialog.

But as long as it's an easily changeable configuration setting, I have no issue with it.

Comment

Working...