Default Actions >> Delete... - No files selected

BC 4.1.0.20251 64-bit (beta)
    Ubuntu 12.04.5

In a folder comparison session, if files on one or both sides are selected, and then Actions >> Delete... is selected, the pop-up dialog has no files selected. Right-click >> Delete... behaves the same. In previous versions of BC, the state of the check boxes would correspond to the file selections.
    Last edited by Dave_L; 07-Jun-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I'm not seeing the behavior you describe in my test VMs (12.04 or 14.10), but we do have an option that might cause this. It's in the Options dialog, File Operations section: "Confrim file delete": "Require explicit selection in Delete dialog". Do you have the explicit selection box enabled?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

That box was checked. Unchecking it resolved the problem. Thanks.

Just curious: What's the rationale for having the "Require explicit selection" option? In what scenario would it be useful to have that enabled?

It's for users that requested an extra level of protection, requiring a user to explicitly pick a side before Deleting. Since we don't support an Undo command, and wouldn't want users to accidentally delete items, we added this tweak to help prevent the "Auto-pilot" delete.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thanks for the explanation.

No problem. The option is normally disabled by default. But if a user is worried about accidentally deleting files, they can enable it to provide that extra layer of confirmation.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

To delete a file, I have to:

1. Select the file.
    2. Right-click and position the mouse over Delete... (or press the Delete key, or use the menu Actions >> Delete).
    3. Click the Delete button in the popup dialog.

I would have thought that those three actions provided enough of a safeguard, even without the additional step of selecting a checkbox in the dialog.

But as long as it's an easily changeable configuration setting, I have no issue with it.