Post How do you do a "data compare" in BC4 ?

I'm new to Beyond Compare. I'm trying to compare 2 .txt files that mostly have the same content, but have some differences. For example line "oranges are blue" is on line #1 of one file, and line #20 of the other file. (There are many other differences similar to this among the files.) Currently some lines match up , but others(that I expect should) don't).

I found this post http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...-Line-Ordering
    (It seems to be similar to the problem I’m facing. But I don’t know where/how to use the functionality they are mentioning (from previous versions of beyond compare ) in BC4. For example one person suggests using a “data compare” – how do I use that functionality/what does it do in BC4?

If possible I would like to avoid sorting like another post suggests. Can someone tell me where I can find out more about "Data Compare" in Beyond Compare 4?

Hello,

The Data Compare was renamed to the Table Compare in BC4. If your files have Rows and Columns, and can be sorted by a Key Column, this would work for your example.

Otherwise, the Text Compare does have a "Sorted" format, which you can access from the Format toolbar button dropdown, or in the Session Settings dialog, Format tab: override Detected to Sorted. This would alphabetically sort your entire file; note that if you save the file it would save in the new order, so Disable Editing if this shouldn't be allowed.
    Aaron P Scooter Software