X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jezzer
    Expert
    • Sep 2013

Allow Delete file/folder using keyboard in Folder Sync

When doing a Folder Sync, I sometimes want to delete items by selecting them and doing Shift+Delete, to permanently delete them (ie. by-pass trash). I know you can right-click and choose Explorer->Delete, but I prefer to use keyboard.

Also, is it normal for the display to not auto-refresh when deleting a file with Explorer->Delete ?
    FlexiTimer - interval/fitness timer app for iOS. http://flexitimer.com
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Folder Sync session isn't designed for deleting files before the sync is run. If you right click a file, you can alter the sync to delete it during the Sync step. If the file is equal on both sides, then we don't support a delete during the sync and you would have to use the Explorer method you've found. We do not currently support an automatic refresh after taking an Explorer action, but it's something we'll look into. In the meantime, you would need to refresh manually, or use the Folder Compare session first to perform your deletes/comparison, and then Sync your files using the Folder Compare's Actions menu -> Synchronize.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jezzer
      Expert
      • Sep 2013

Didn't notice the Delete during Sync option before, so learnt something new. However, I'd still like to be able to use Delete key (including Shift+Delete to by-pass recycle bin) to delete selected files. It's annoying to be able to do it in Compare, but not in Sync. This would also have the advantage for auto-refreshing, given that BC will be the one doing the deleting, and so can just do an auto-refresh afterwards.

Please consider adding this feature.
      FlexiTimer - interval/fitness timer app for iOS. http://flexitimer.com

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks. It's something we can consider, but a central design of the Folder Sync is to provide a 1-button execution. The Folder Compare session is designed for both sync commands and individual edits. What type of sync are you performing? Most can be done in a single command within the Folder Compare; the main difference being that the Folder Compare has many extra options/commands, and does not offer a savable Custom sync.

The Folder Sync is a simpler, subset of commands that are available in the Folder Compare, in order to offer a focused Sync experience. It may be better to help enhance the Folder Compare to meet your needs.
        Last edited by Aaron; 06-May-2015, 10:43 AM.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...