Default Thumbnail view on diffing multiple files

I keep encountering an issue where in BC on OS X, the thumbnail view won't load. I'm able to produce this behavior on a second tab when I diff multiple files.

I'm using Perforce P4V and OS X Mavericks, and my general procedure to reproduce the problem is:

- In P4V, select two or more files that differ from the committed versions.
    - In right-click context menu for the files, "Diff Against Have Revision".
    - First tab in BC, everything's fine. Second tab, the thumbnail doesn't render properly (see attachment).
    - If I toggle the view off and back on, via View -> Thumbnail, then it renders.
    Last edited by pagej97; 04-May-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks for the report. This is a bug in the current version when calling multiple file views in quick succession. We're looking into what it would take to get this fixed.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I'm seeing this behavior with the thumbnail view in BC 4.1.1 (build 20615) on linux (Linux Mint 17.2 KDE 64-bit to be exact).

I use Beyond Compare as my diff/merge tool for SmartGit, and this only seems to happen when Beyond Compare is already showing a diff, so the new comparision goes in a new tab. One other behavior I noticed when this happens is that normally the tab for the new comparison becomes the "active" tab, but when this happens the previous "active" tab remains active.

Anyway I didn't realize I had the easy workaround of toggling the thumbnail view off and back on, I'd been closing the tab and re-diffing the files.

Thanks. This is still an open issue we need to work on. We appreciate the additional scenario/test case, and I'll add these notes to our tracker on the subject.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Is this still an open issue? Only, I'm seeing it on Linux 64 bit build 4.1.6.21095.

An easy work-around is simply to hit F5 to refresh the view though.

Hello,

Thanks for the update. It is still open, but I'll bump it a bit with your notes.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

The thumbnail bug is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2 beta.

Beta page: http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta
    Chris K Scooter Software