X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cocoanut
    Journeyman
    • Aug 2014

Removing BC for starting as the DiffTool/MergeTool

I removed the entries from the .gitconfig file, but BC still starts when I type git difftool. Manually deleting /usr/local/bin/bcomp and bcompare causes this error: /usr/local/Cellar/git/2.3.3/libexec/git-core/git-mergetool--lib: line 121: /usr/local/bin/bcomp: No such file or directory . So, I'm running a brew version of git and it's being configured by git-mergetool--lib. I don't want to start mucking around with this script, since there must me a more straight forward way. How to I remove BC from starting as the difftool/mergetool. Thanx.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It sounds like you may have multiple .gitconfig files on your system. This often occurs where one is in a global/all users location, and the other is User account specific. Have you edited both locations to make sure BC4's declaration is removed?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cocoanut
      Journeyman
      • Aug 2014

Hi,
      Ok, I got to the bottom of it. Basically I discovered that this problem was only occurring in my main project files by creating a test git repo. The settings that keep defaulting to BC are in the .git/config file of my main project repo. My git-fu is such that I'm uncertain how or when this config file gets set, or when it is refreshed to pick up changes to the gitconfig file. Anyhow, thanx for the prompt reply. If anyone knows this I'd love to hear the ins and outs.

Comment

• cocoanut
        Journeyman
        • Aug 2014

Ok, by just removing the settings from .git/config the settings in the .gitconfig file take effect. Makes sense.

Comment

Working...